If you are on this page, chances are that you’re facing a black screen problem with your google chrome browser. You might think that it will be difficult for you to get your screen back to normal, but that’s not true when we are here to solve your problems.
Here are some foolproof ways to help you get your Google Chrome Screen back to normal. Try one of the following methods:
Recommended: Let Me Google That For You
1. Disable or Remove Google Chrome Extensions
If you have any extensions set up on your google chrome, they might be putting too much load over the browser and not letting it function properly. To resume your normal browsing routine, you can simply remove or disable the google chrome extensions by following this easy method.
- On your Google Chrome browser, simply type “chrome://extensions” in the search bar or the address bar and click on the arrow button next to the address bar. You can also press enter.
- A page will appear showing you all sorts of extensions that have been set in on your browser. Click on the blue toggles to turn off the extensions temporarily. In case you want to delete them permanently, simply click on the ‘Remove’ button.
- Your plugins have been disabled or removed. Try reloading the page now to see if the black screen has disappeared.
2. Reload the web page
Sometimes, there is a glitch in the google chrome browser, or on the website that you have opened on your computer. It is also possible that the web page is showing something that is not supported by your computer or google chrome browser. To sort this out, simply follow these steps
- Click on the address bar and select the address of the web page you are currently on.
- Press enter
- Your web page has been reloaded. If the problem of the black screen error on Google Chrome has been solved, Congratulations! If not, then follow the other steps.
You May Like: Spotify Web Player
3. Run Google Chrome on Compatibility Mode
Sometimes, it is possible that there are some compatibility issues with the mode you are currently running on. Your google chrome may not support the mode and in return show you the black screen error. To solve this, follow these easy steps:
- On your desktop screen, right-click on the Google Chrome icon. A drop-down menu will appear
- At the end of the drop-down menu, you’ll find ‘Properties’ option.
- As you open the properties option, you’ll find there are many tabs available in the command window. Click on the Compatibility tab.
- You’ll find that there is a lot of information written under the compatibility tab. However, you simply need to click the option that says ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and choose your preferred windows that are being run on the computer.
- Click OK and open Google Chrome again to check if the black screen has disappeared.
Editor’s Pick: What does YH mean? And How You Should Use It
4. Update the Google Chrome on your Computer
In case the problem of the black screen still persists, you need to update your google chrome. Browser. In case you want to update it, you may go over to Google Chrome’s official website and download the new version. Most of the time the black screen appears due to a faulty configuration of the Google Chrome browser on your computer. Updating the browser is an easy way to fix that and get your screen back to normal.